Saturday, December 30, 2006

Let's go to the zoo, there's lots of things to do...

Plans to go to the zoo was aborted since the wife is too tired. Pretty good weather today, but ended up browsing the zoo website instead. Found out a few things about the zoo, first - is damn bloody expensive now to go there. I thought "Friends of the Zoo" membership used to be cheap, now cost a bomb - family package from $170 - 280 bucks! Ok-lah, maybe if I go every weekend, maybe worth it. Second, the "adopt an animal" programme caught my eye, good to get for the kids as their birthday present one day - can teach them some lessons in wildlife preservation some more, not bad - can adopt hippopotamus (love the word) and "big-nose" probi-something (and too lazy to check) monkey. Wish got tiger or lion, En loves 'em and can "roar" fiercely too (must take a clip someday). I also clicked on the Career option, wonder whether I can be tram driver for a career change, like not bad. I know when I retire, I will become a tour guide, I love showing people around and helping tourist in distress ha ha.

Is there such a jingle, or is it my imagination. It keeps ringing in my head as I type this ... "Let's go to the zoo, there's lots of things to do.... blah blah."

Also recently, there's big publicity about Inuka the polar bear. Which reminds me, CL was the poster girl for the Zoo ad featuring Inuka mother (I think) many years ago. Ha Ha. She's all grown up and still as cute (maybe now should be pretty) as ever (though I haven't seen her for a while - how are you doing Cai-li) ha ha. Maybe they should like recall all these people in some Zoo Anniversary or something, quite interesting. Like the time when my cousins (all five of them) appeared in the MacDonald's Ad decked in white shirts and jeans when it was Mac's dunno how many years Anniversary. Ying told me she was one of the first in the queue when Mac's first outlet in Liat Towers opened. (They stayed in Anguilla Park then). Ha Ha.

No comments: