Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Silent Night





Geez, another year-end holiday spent at the hospital. Ronald MacDonald Family Room at KK Hospital is actually quite cool and feels like a clean and quiet hostel with no drunk teenagers rampaging down the corridor. Facilities include a library, computer terminals (I am using one now), kitchen (with nice designer chairs, tables and ambience lights) and a kids room. We seem to be the luckier parent(s) as we believe other parents who stay in this place probably have a more serious and tramatising reality facing them. So far, I have seen a couple with a hollow glaze in their eyes (they have a baby who keeps crying) and a woman on wheelchair.

However, living away from home means we spend minimum time with baby En. While it is already common fact that I'm nos two in En's list of favourite person (his fav is his nanny), I have never really seen him so possessive as he did this evening. He seemed to know I'm going back to the hospital after fetching him home from nanny's place and kept his antenna on full alert once I attempted to slip off. The maid kept distracting him but it didn't seem to work. It finally worked after he was totally engrossed in his musical instruments. I felt bad. Think we should really spend more time with him - thinking of bringing him to the zoo to put a certain realism to the animal flash cards he had been taught. So far, he can recognise lion (he roars when he sees lion / tiger), giraffe, monkey and zebra. He also recognises dogs, cats and birds (which he will start to flap his 'wings') - which I suppose you cannot really find in zoos. But I realise that unless you are friend of zoo, the tickets bloody expensive hor.

No comments: