Monday, January 01, 2007

En - The Mahjong Prodigy?

I think this is the only video neither my wife nor I want to post in our respective blog. It is a classic 'violation' of all the sacred parenting handbooks. But since I am already not a firm follower of parenting handbook (see my first posting), I will do the honour of presenting to you "En - The Mahjong Player".



Ok, some backgrounder before I get slammed by netters. We play mahjong almost every weekend - and instead of Mozart & Beethoven - En was stimulated by the clashing and banging of mahjong tiles, the shouts of "pong", "kang" and "hoo" throughout the nine months of pregnancy and when he was an infant. I did a small experiment one day, and realized he slept like a ... er well ... baby in the same room we played mahjong. As he was growing up, he was always keen to see us play mahjong and would sit ..almost quietly beside us... while we play. He would even arch his head to see our tiles.

No comments: