Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Father's day in



















My father's day was spent at home with wife working hard before she fly off the next day, and I fussing after two boys. It ended with Shrek at night. What more can you ask for ha ha.

Oh, while we are watching Shrek 3, which is not too bad a show, a kid started crying. My question is why is a kiddo there in the cinema (and he/she sounds like an infant) at the 9.30pm show? That's the problem with a lot of S'pore parents now - for selfish reasons they make the kid trudge along with them late at night on the premise of spending time with the kids. There was once I was at Swenson with my wife at 2.00am + and a family was there with their daughter who cannot be more than 4 years old.

I think kids need to sleep early -- it's good for their wellbeing. What's the point of forcing them to go out with you late into the night when they obviously will be tired and grouchy after a while - hence the kiddo in the cinema. Anyway, who am I to judge what's wrong or right.

2 comments:

bp said...

I guess that's why we've stopped going to the movies. Good thing our libraries here have pretty recent DVDs so we haven't needed to rent those from Mac's for just $1 overnight.

With your wife away, your hands must be even more full now with the boys. You take care, and blog about your SAHD (part-time?) adventures... and I'll be sure to tune in!

叶子 sirennights said...

Thanks. Our movie nights are now scheduled on Sunday night 9.30pm after the kids are in bed. If not, we will just watch Korean dramas - ha.

Met Vern today for lunch as he wanted to make a trip to Kiddy Palace. Nice guy your hubby.